Outdoor First Aid Courses
|Choose a category
from the menu on the left
e.g. First Aid At Work
|Choose a subcategory
e.g. Emergency First Aid At Work
|View Course Calendar, place a Booking or find a local Provider|
ITC qualifications are mapped to the Outdoor First Aid training framework. Training for Outdoor people by Outdoor people.
Please choose one of the following subcategories to see the programme, dates and venues:
- 2-day Outdoor First Aid Qualification
- 1-day Outdoor First Aid Training
- 2-day Forest School First Aid Training
- 2-day Advanced Outdoor First Aid Training
- 2-day Outdoor First Aid Training
- 2-day Advanced First Aid
All 2 day (16 hr) Outdoor First Aid courses keep National Governing Body Instructor Awards valid
We have been designing Outdoor First Aid and Expedition First Aid courses for over 20 years. Our Centres have expertise in various outdoor sectors and can provide first aid training to any outdoor situation. Whether you are travelling to Peru, a desert or the Arctic we have Centres to suit your needs.
ITC Accredited Qualifications:
- ITC Certificate in Outdoor First Aid - SQA . Our Centres deliver the ONLY Outdoor First Aid qualification that is externally regulated by national qualification regulators and meets the standards to appear on a national qualifications register. Consistently quality assured, the highest of standards.
- Outdoor First Aid Emergency Action A 1-day course covering basic life support in the outdoor context. 8 hours of contextualised training.
- Outdoor First Aid Emergency Incident Management, tailored content for specialist outdoor environments.
16+ hours. Keeps most National Governing Body Instructor Awards valid.
- Advanced Outdoor First Aid is a proactive 'advanced at the basics' qualification.
18+ hours. For the professional Outdoor person who has previous first aid qualification experience
Keeps most National Governing Body Instructor Awards valid.
- Expedition First Aid is a 'bolt on' unit to either the SQA Outdoor First Aid, Emergency Incident Management or the Advanced First Aid units. Bugs, bites, bowels as well as injury and illness abroad.
Normally delivered by a trainer with experience of the particular journey e.g. Amazon, Borneo, Desert.
ITC First Aid Centres approved to deliver SQA, Ofqual or ITC accredited qualifications all have an active interest and commitment to the outdoor environment, understanding the issues, dilemmas and judgments required when dealing with incidents in potentially hostile remote environments, making the training highly relevant to those whose work or leisure is in these environments.
Our centres follow a rigorous application process and have to have knowledge of the outdoor sector.
Please bear in mind that this site advertises courses open to individuals to make enquiry and booking. Many Providers deliver a programme of bespoke or private courses that do not appear on this website, contact them directly to make an enquiry regarding a course for your group.